Wednesday 15 August 2018

You are yourself.

It's 1.31 am as I start writing this. I am at a small parking space in front of the food processing unit in Jungshina. I have parked my car here and I have decided to call it a night here in this car for tonight. I just returned from a birthday party and I am hit by subtle consciousness.

The party was great. We danced and sang. I met new people, new faces and new thoughts. There was laughter and there were smiles. There was music and there we sang together. As the party ended I dropped some of the new acquaintances to their homes.

And at the end I returned. All by myself with only my radio in the car singing me songs.

I don't have the audacity to knock on my sister's door at this hour of the night. So I take refuge in my car.

This triggers my mind on a voyage to understand life. I don't know if I will decipher anything before the sun rises. I don't know if I will ever fathom life, but here I am. All alone. All by myself. Where is the laughter. Where have the smiles gone? What's that thing that is eternal and if there is ever such a thing, will I ever find it?

I am consumed by reality of life. Every now and then, when the sun goes down and the street lights are lit, I am hit by the reality of life. All that you think is there in the universe for you is an illusion. When night comes up, you will find yourself again all alone. You will find you.

And tonight I endeavor to find myself a little closer than yesterday.

1 comment: