Tuesday 2 December 2014

Country Road, Take Me There

country road, take me there.


The house in the above photo is situated on the way to Punakha Dzong from Khuruthang. And that is where we stay. The photo was shot months ago when we went to play by the river side. Back then that was just a photograph for me but now it has found a place in me for now all I long is to be there.

It has been my wall paper for long now and when I stare at it, million things pass my mind. I am reminded of how my cousins residing in Khuruthang used to come over to our place for a get-together. We used to gather in our living room and it would soon be filled with laughter over my father’s jokes. My father is a kind of person who doesn’t crack much joke but when he does you would roll over the floor, unable to control the laughter. We would prepare a sumptuous dinner and sit in the living room to eat and share our stories. Most times it was only after midnight that they would leave for we would be so engrossed in our talks that keeping track of time was lame. Last summer when it was almost time for me to leave for college, we insisted them to spend the night at our place when they had come for dinner. After much persuasion they agreed and as expected no body slept until three in the morning. Instead in the dead midnight when it was too hot inside, my cousins and I crept silently out of the house to talk a walk on the road below. That night we were insanely running like ghost in the empty and silent road.

When I look at the above photo I see myself coming from the market and parking our car in the shade of the tree by the side of the road. I see myself going to drop my brothers to school and picking up my dad from the office in the evening. I see myself playing guitar outside in balcony. I see myself discussing with my mom over whose turn it is to do the dishes. And I see myself doing lot other things.

Although I am not a Christian, but if Santa Claus decides to gift me this Christmas I would sincerely ask him to take me home.  
PS: After you read this and you happen to go to Punakha, don’t miss to take a look the house on my behalf for there is where my heart lies.

2 comments: